Herbal Syrups: A Tasty Medicine
Saturday, February 17 at 10 AM – 1 PM
Appalachian Acupuncture and Healing Arts
113 E Unaka Ave, Johnson City, Tennessee 37601
Syrups, a fun and yummy way to make and enjoy herbal medicine, are a great benefit to those with small children or persons choosing to avoid alcohol tinctures.
CLASS will cover:
- Benefits and challenges of using sugar as a preservative
- Basic syrup recipe that can be applied to various herbal formulas
- Specific herbs to choose from in customizing a personal formula
- Making 2 syrups in class
- Iron syrup- A blood builder and strengthener, which helps one to feel more grounded, embodied, and empowered. This is a great formula for women and those with anemia.
- Adaptogen syrup- A balancing formula, helping the body to deal with physical and emotional stress gracefully. It strengthens and energizes us for our modern busy lifestyles.
***Please bring two 4 oz bottles and an open heart to the medicine of the earth!***
HERBalachia insructor Amanda River Fern Bryant is a licensed massage therapist and herbalist.
Tickets are $30; class limited to 15 students.
Please click on ‘Tickets’ to register for the class (Paypal or debit card accepted).